Rohit Sharma is an Indian international cricketer who mainly plays for Indian National Team and in domestic he plays for Mumbai cricket. Rohit is a right-handed batsman and Part-Time right-arm off break bowler in the Indian Premier League. Rohit also the vice-captain of Indian national cricket team in the limited-overs format and captain of the Mumbai Indians IPL team.
Rohit Sharma Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Rohit Sharma Biography/Wiki
Rohit Gurunath Sharma is a 33-year-old Indian cricketer. Who mainly plays for the Indian national cricket team. Rohit was born on 30 April 1987 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. Rohit completed his higher education from Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College and got his secondary education from Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai. Rohit doesn’t have any bachelor’s degree as he completed his school, Rohit started focusing only on his cricketing career.
Physical Statistics And More
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Weight (approx.): 72 KG
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Cast & Relationship
Rohit belongs from a middle-class Hindu Family in Nagpur.
Parents & Siblings
Rohit Sharm’s father’s name is Gurunath Sharma who worked as a caretaker of a transportation company storehouse. His mother’s name is Purnima Sharma who is a housewife. Rohit’s younger brother’s name is Vishal Sharma.
Relationship , Wife & Children
Rohit was in a relationship with Sofia Hayat (Actress) according to some media reports after some time they ended their relationship.
After that Rohit married with sports manager Ritika Sajdeh on 13 December 2015. Rohit was dating with Ritika For a long time.
Rohit Sharma Career
Rohit Sharma joined a cricket camp in 1999 with the help of his uncle. At the camp his coach was Dinesh Lad, later his coach asked him to change his school to Swami Vivekananda International School where Dinesh Lad was the coach and School has better cricket facilities. Rohit Sharma recalls, “I told him I couldn’t afford it, but he gave me a scholarship. So for four years I didn’t pay a penny, and did well in my cricket.” Rohit started cricket as an off-spinner. After some time Dinesh lad noticed Rohit’s batting ability and promoted Rohit to bat from number 8 to number 1. In the Harries and Giles shield school cricket tournament Rohit performed brilliantly and also made a century in debut match as an opener.
Rohit Sharma made his List A debut for the West Zone versus Central Zone at the Deodhar Trophy in Gwalior in March 2005. Batting at number eight, Rohit scored 31 (not out) as West Zone won by 3 wickets with 24 balls to remain. In the same match, Ravindra Jadeja and Cheteshwar Pujara also made their debut. In the same tournament, Rohit made 142 runs in just 123 balls against North Zone in Udaipur which brought him into the spotlight.
In July 2006 Rohit Sharma made his first-class debut for India A against New Zealand A in Darwin. Sharma scored 57 and 22 and India won by 3 wickets. Rohit made his Ranji Trophy debut for Mumbai in the 2006–09 season and against Gujrat, Rohit also scored 205 off 267 balls.
Rohit Sharma has spent his entire domestic first-class career in Mumbai. In December 2009, Rohit made his highest career 309 (not out) in the Ranji Trophy against Gujarat. In October 2013, following the retirement of Ajit Agarkar, he was appointed the captain of the team before the 2013–14 season.
Rohit Sharma Records
- The first player to score 3 double centuries in ODIs.
- Highest individual score in an ODI match (264 runs).
- Second Indian player after Suresh Raina to have scored a century in each of the 3 formats (Test, ODI, T20).
- Highest ODI score by a visiting batsman against Australia in Australia (171 runs).
- Shares the record for most number of 6s in an ODI match (16 sixes), joining AB de Villiers and Chris Gayle.
- On 5 October 2019, during a test match against South Africa, he became the first batsman to score two centuries on debut as an opener.
- Third Indian player to score more than 1,000 runs against Australia in ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni.
Rohit Sharma Awards
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2019
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- 2015 – GQ award for Sportsman of the Year
- 2015 – Arjuna Award
- 2020 – Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratn
Rohit Sharma Cars And Bikes Collection
Rohit Sharma has a lots of luxury Cars collection including BMW M5 Series, Skoda Laura, BMW X3, mid sized sedan, Toyota Fortuner, Formula One version of this car, Mercedes, Audi, and Nissan.
Rohit Sharma Salary And Networth
Retainer Fee: Rs. 1 crore
Test Fee: Rs. 15 lakh
ODI Fee: Rs. 6 lakh
T20 Fee: Rs. 3 lakh
IPL 13 : Rs. 15 crore
Rohit Sharma has an estimated total Networth of INR 500 Crores in 2020, and His main source of income is Brand Endorsements and playing cricket.
currently Rohit Sharma is endorsing 12 different brands independently, and a few more like Adidas, Aristocrat, Ceat, Maggi, Lays, Nissan, JIO, Relispray, Videocon d2h, Highlanders and Hublot. Rohit generates an income of about INR 7 crore from his brand endorsement deals alone.
Some Unknown Facts About Rohit Sharma
• Rohit’s mother tongue is Telugu.
• Rohit was born in Nagpur, and when Rohit was one and a half years old, Rohit’s family moved to Dombivali suburban area in Mumbai.
• Rohit’s family’s financial situation was not good, therefore, Rohit was sent by his parents to live with his grandparents in Borivali, where rohit started playing ‘Gully Cricket’.
• When Rohit was 11 years old, Rohit joined a local cricket club in Borivali during his summer vacation, not as a batsman, but an off-spin. As a bowler; Since there were so many batsmen.
• Dinesh Lad Discovered the talent in Rohit Sharma, when Rohit gets the important wickets in the tournament in a under-12, 10 over tournament in 1999.
• Previously Rohit batted at No. 8 or 9 as a batsman, but when his coach saw his batting ability, he promoted Rohit batting order in the nets. And, for the first time, he opened in an inter-school ‘Giles Shield’ tournament match, where he scored career-changing 120 runs.
• Once Rohit Sharma Struggles batting against Australian fast bowler Brett Lee.
Note – All The Information We Get From Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 3.0 Policy) And Our Some Own Research And Sometimes It Can Be Wrong If You Think There Is Some Mistake Then Please Contact Us. We Will Check And Correct It In 24 Hours.