Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a former Indian cricketer and most loved captain of the Indian cricket team. He is A right-handed middle-order batsman and wicket-keeper. He played various international series including the world cup for India and He is currently the captain of Chennai super kings in the Indian premier league.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni) Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Salary, Net Worth, Income, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, House, Cars, Records, Awards & Facts
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahi, MS Dhoni
Right Arm Medium
Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya
- #7 India International Cricket Team
- #7 Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
- National Team – India International Cricket Team
- Domestic Team – Bihar Domestic Cricket Team
- IPL 2020 Team – Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
Date of Birth / Birthplace
MS Dhoni was born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India.
He is currently 40 years old (as in 2021).
Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
- School –
- DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- College –
- St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Educational Qualification –
- College Dropout
Physical Statistics And More
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.)
- Chest:42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
Family & Relationship
Parents & Siblings
- Father – Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position)
- Mother – Devki Devi
- Siblings – Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder Brother, Politician) Jayanti Gupta (Elder Sister)
Girlfriend & Spouse
- Mahendra Singh dated –
- Priyanka Jha (died in 2002)
- Lakshmi Rai (South Indian actress)
- Sakshi Singh Rawat
- Wife – Sakshi Dhoni
- Children’s –
- Daughters – Ziva
Career Turning Point
Dhoni used to play for Bihar in domestic cricket. He made a half century in his debut match against Assam. Dhoni’s performances in the Ranji series 2002-2003 and deodar trophy impressed selectors to take him in the Indian international cricket team.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni made his test cricket debut against Sri Lanka on 2 December 2005.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni made his one day international debut against Bangladesh on 23 December 2004.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has done his T20 debut against New Zealand on 1 December 2006.
He was selected for team Chennai Super Kings in IPL auction 2006 for 6.0 crores and played his debut match in 2008.
• He is the first Indian to claim six catches in a Test inning.
• He is India’s most capped wicketkeeper in Test cricket with 90 appearances.
• In 296 ODIs Dhoni has amassed 9496 runs at an average of 51.32 with 10 hundred and 64 fifties. He is the second highest run-scorer as a wicketkeeper in one-day internationals.
• Dhoni is known to be the best and the fastest stumper in the game and has affected a record 155 stumpings so far in all three formats.
• Dhoni also holds the record for playing the most number of international matches as captain (331).
• The unbeaten 183 he scored against Sri Lanka in Jaipur in 2005 is the highest score by a wicket-keeper in ODI cricket.
• Dhoni is the only captain in world cricket to win all three ICC trophies – 2007 World T20, 2011 World Cup, and 2013 Champions Trophy.
• Dhoni is the third captain in world cricket to win more than 100 ODI matches after Australia’s Ricky Ponting and Allan Border.
• Dhoni is the only cricketer who played nine IPL finals. He has won the series thrice with Chennai Super Kings in 2010, 2011, and 2018, being the only captain to own the title.
• In ODI against Pakistan in Vizag dhoni made 148 off 123 balls. It was his maiden hundred in international cricket and is the fastest ton by an Indian wicket-keeper in ODIs.
• In February 2018, Dhoni broke the world record for most catches by a wicketkeeper in T20 cricket.
MS Dhoni Salary And Net worth
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s salary is 50 crore per year in the Indian cricket team and he has earned around 35.8 crores from IPL since 2008.
MS Dhoni has an estimated total Networth of Rs 826 Crore ($110 million) in 2021, and His main source of income is Brand Endorsements and playing cricket.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s overall IPL Earnings :
|2021||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 15 crores|
|2020||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 15 crores|
|2019||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 15 crores|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 15 crores|
|2017||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 12.5 crores|
|2016||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 12.5 crores|
|2015||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 12.5 crores|
|2014||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 12.5 crores|
|2013||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 8.28 crores|
|2012||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 8.28 crores|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 8.28 crores|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 6 crores|
|2009||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 6 crores|
|2008||Chennai Super Kings||Rs. 6 crores|
|Total||Rs. 154.4 crore|
MS Dhoni Cars And Bikes Collection
MS Dhoni has a lot of luxury Cars collection including :
- Maruti SX4
- Ferrari 599
- Open Mahindra Scorpio
- Toyota Corolla
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- Land Rover Freelander
- Jeep Grand
- Mitsubishi Out Lander
- Porsche 911
- Audi Q7 SUV
- Kawasaki Ninja H2
- Enfield Machismo
- Confederate Hellcat
- Kawasaki zx14r Ninja
- Suzuki Hayabusa
- Hero Karizma ZMR
- Yamaha Rd 350
- BSA, Suzuki Hayabusa
- Customized Tvs Dirt bike
Some Lesser Known Facts About MS Dhoni
• Dhoni’s long hair during the starting years of his international cricket career was inspired by Indian actor John Abraham.
• Dhoni was the first ever wicket-keeper in the history of Indian Cricket to lead the team in test format. He was handed over the captaincy during the third Test match of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in 2008.
• Even after he made his Ranji Trophy debut at the age of 18 in 2000, he worked as a ticket collector at the Kharagpur railway station in West Bengal till 2003.
• Sachin Tendulkar recommended Dhoni as the captain of the Indian Cricket team.
• He represented the Indian national airline in the BCCI Corporate Trophy in 2009. Dhoni left his Air-India job in 2013.
• MS Dhoni is the only captain in the world to have won all ICC trophies including T20 World Cup in 2007, ODI World Cup in 2011, and the Champions Trophy in 2013.
• Dhoni played overall 350 One day matches with his highest score being 183 against Sri Lanka, amassing 10,773 runs with 321 catches and 123 stumpings.
• Dhoni was also the most successful Indian captain with 27 Test wins, more than the legendary Sourav Ganguly’s 21 victories.
• Dhoni is the only cricketer who played in nine IPL finals. He has won the tournament thrice with the Chennai Super Kings in 2010, 2011, and 2018.
• Dhoni made the helicopter shot a trend of his ODI batting. He was learned this shot by a close friend, Jharkhand cricketer Santosh Lal.
• Before cricket Dhoni was interested in football and badminton. He played at the district and club level in both football and badminton.
• The East zone team which won the Deodar Trophy in the year 2004, rejected Dhoni at first saying he had an inappropriate batting style.
• Dhoni made his debut for Bihar in the Ranji Trophy series 1999-2000 against Assam where He scored 68 not out in his maiden innings and finished the season with 283 runs in five matches.
• He owns bikes such as the Yamaha RD350, Harley Davidson Fatboy, Ducati 1098, Kawasaki Ninja H2, and the super exclusive Confederate Hellcat X132.
• Dhoni married Sakshi Singh Rawat on 4 July 2010. Sakshi belongs from Dehradun, Uttarakhand. At the time of their marriage, she was studying Hotel Management and was working as a trainee at the Taj Bengal in Kolkata.