Mohammed Shami is a Indian international cricketer. He is a fast bowler and plays domestic cricket for the Bengal and Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League (IPL 2020).
Mohammed Shami Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Records, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Mohammed Shami Biography/Wiki
Professional Cricketer (Bowler)
Right Arm Fast
- #11 India International Cricket Team
- #11 Bengal Domestic Cricket Team
- #11 Kings XI Punjab (IPL)
- National Team – India International Cricket Team
- Domestic Team – Bengal Domestic Cricket Team
- IPL 2020 Team – Kings XI Punjab (IPL)
Mohammed Shami Personal Life
Date of Birth / Birthplace
Shami was born on9 March 1990 in Delhi, India.
He is currently 30 years old (as in 2020).
Amroha, Uttar Pradesh, India
- School –
- Not Known
- College –
- Not Known
- Educational Qualification –
- Not Known
Mohammed Shami Physical Statistics And More
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 69 kg
- In Pounds – 152 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.)
- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
Mohammed Shami Family & Relationship
Mohammed Shami Parents & Siblings
- Father – Late Tousif Ahmed (Farmer and also owned a spare part shop)
- Mother – Not Known
- Siblings – Mohammad Haseeb and 2 more Brother, 1 Sister (Name Not Known)
Mohammed Shami Girlfriend & Spouse
- Hasin Jahan (m. 2014-present) – Shami married Hasin Jahan in 2014. they both have a daughter Aairah Shami she is Born in July 2015.
Mohammed Shami Career
Shami made his One Day International debut on 6 January 2013, playing against Pakistan at Delhi.
In 2013, he played his first test match against West Indies at Kolkata on 6 November 2013. Where Shami took 9 wickets in his debut match.
On 21 March 2014, Shami played his first international T20 against Pakistan at Dhaka.
Shami made his IPL debut for Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2013 IPL season.
Mohammed Shami Records
- In his ODI debut against Pakistan, he bowled a record four maiden overs.
- Shami became the third-fastest Indian to make it to 50 ODI wickets.
- The fastest Indian to take 100 ODI wickets (in 56th ODI).
Mohammed Shami Controversy
- In January 2016, Shami’s brother, Mohammad Hasib, was arrested for attacking a police officer and forcing him to release some of the men arrested by the police for cow slaughter. His father, however, dismissed the allegations and said that his family was being targeted because of their religion and Shami’s fame. Haseeb was later released on bail.
- In March 2018, his wife Hasin Jahan accused him of having extramarital affairs and tortured her mentally and physically for more than 2 years.
Mohammed Shami Salary And Net worth
Retainer Fee: Rs. 1 crore
Test Fee: Rs. 10 lakh
ODI Fee: Rs. 5 lakh
T20 Fee: Rs. 2 lakh
IPL 13: Rs. 4.8 crore
Mohammed Shami has an estimated total Networth of INR 110 Crores ($14 million) in 2020, and His main source of income is Brand Endorsements and playing cricket.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohammed Shami
• In his teens, Mohammed Shami, a devoted learner, reached his training site an hour earlier. He then laid his trap and practiced for hours.
• Shami attributed his success to his father Tausif Ali. According to him, his father was the only person who realized his true potential as a bowler and persuaded him to try the game.
• While in Kolkata, Shami started playing for Dalhousie Athletic Club, where he turned his attention to Devvrat Das, former assistant secretary of the Cricket Association of Bengal. Impressed by Shami’s bowling, he then added Shami’s James to his team named Town Club for an amount of INR 75,000. Das said that at that time, in 2005, Shami had no place to live in Kolkata, so Shami took temporary refuge in his house.
• In the 2014 IPL auction, Shami was selected by Delhi for a mega sum of INR 4.25 crore.
• When Shami started for India, he was known as Shami Ahmed, but it was later revealed that his original name was Mohammed Shami. In an interview with a letter, Shami revealed this, saying, “I don’t know how my tail got that name.” I am Mohammed Shami, not Shami Ahmed. “
• Shami is often considered a reverse swing specialist. This art is not the result of luck, but of years of hard work; He used to take the old red athletes from the organizers of the junior level tournament and then shine them side by side. Then he practiced with these old red balls, with a side shine to achieve the necessary reverse swing.