Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan is an Indian film actor, producer, occasional singer and television personality. In a film career spanning over thirty years, Khan has received several awards, including two National Film Awards and one as a filmmaker, and two Filmfare Awards for acting.
Salman khan Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Salman Khan was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India on 27 December 1965 (age 54; in 2020) to a prominent Bollywood family. He did his primary schooling from Scindia School, Gwalior and went to St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra, Mumbai to complete his secondary schooling. Khan enrolled himself at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai to complete his graduation but left his studies because he wanted to pursue his acting talent. He along with his friends Sajid Khan and Chunky Pandey learned acting from Daisy Irani’s acting institute.
Interestingly, Salman Khan has also worked as a model before becoming a successful actor.
His father Salim Khan wanted him to be a cricketer, but he wanted to become a writer just like his father. He has also written screenplays for films like Veer and Chandramukhi. In fact, the story of the film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love was Salman’s idea and he is credited for the same in the film.
In addition to his contribution to the film industry, he also owns a charitable group called the Being Human Foundation that emphasizes people’s health, care and education. All the money generated from the sale of watches designed by him, Being Human T-shirts and his paintings, goes to the Foundation.
Physical Statistics And More
Salman Khan Having brown eyes and dark hair, Salman Khan is an ardent man with a chest of 45 inches, a waist of 35 inches, and biceps that measure 17 inches. He is about 5 ‘8’ tall and weighs 75 kg.
Family, Cast & Girlfriends
Salman Khan is from the Sunni sect. He identifies himself as both Hindu and Muslim due to the fact that his father is Muslim and his mother is Hindu. He is the son of screenwriter Salim Khan, who wrote the scripts for super-hit films like Dewar (1975), Sholay (1975) and Don (1978). His mother is Sushila Charak, who later changed her name to Salma Khan.
Veteran actress Helen is Salman’s stepmother.
Salman Khan is the brother of Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan. He also has two sisters named Alvira and Arpita.
Although Bhaijaan is not married yet, his love life has always been the talk of the city. Salman Khan never wanted to settle down with Sangeeta Bijlani. They even planned to tie a knot in the year 1994 but things were not planned and they both parted.
After partying with Sangeeta in her own way, Salman dated actress Somi Ali. Salman was very serious about his relationship with the actress till he met Aishwarya Rai on the set of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
It is believed that Aish and Salman came close on the set of the film and by the end of the shoot, the love between the two had grown. The two dated each other from 1999–2002 and then eventually parted ways due to Salman’s endless tantrums.
After ending her relationship with Aishwarya Rai, Salman again lost her heart to Katrina Kaif. He allegedly dated for four years before calling in 2009.
Later, Salman was rumored to be dating Faria Alam, former model and Football Association secretary (1996) and Romanian model and television presenter Iulia Vantur (2016).
After training from Daisy Irani’s acting school, Khan made a career in acting. She worked as a model in her early days in the industry. Then, in 1988, Salman made his debut as a supporting actor in the film Biwi Ho To Aisi, where his voice was dubbed.
Salman worked very hard during his struggle days. He never used his father’s name to impress the producers, but auditioned to get the roles. After much struggle, Khan made his first leading role in the Bollywood romantic family drama Main Pyar Kiya, which was one of India’s highest-grossing films at the time.
The film also earned him his first nomination for Best Actor at Filmfare, unfortunately, he could not win the award. The actor then appeared in Baaghi: A Rebel for Love, which was a commercial success, followed by some mediocre films such as Patthar Phool, Sanam Bewafa and Kurbaan.
salman Khan was the first Bollywood actor to feature in a Hollywood film and made his debut with Marigold: An Adventure in India. He has also launched his production companies under the name Salman Khan Being Human Productions and Salman Khan Film (SKF). His first produced film (under the banner SKF) Dr Cabbie, was a Canadian movie that became the second highest grossing film in Canada.
The actor has also hosted various TV reality shows such as 10 Ka Dum and Bigg Boss.
Currently, Salman is one of the highest paid actors in Bollywood and the only actor to have 12 back to back in over 100 million films. His 100 million films include Wanted (2009), Dabangg (2010), Ready (2011), Bodyguard (2011), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Dabangg 2 (2012), Jai Ho (2014), Kick (2014), Bajrangi Includes Bhaijaan (2015), Sultan (2016), Tubelight (2017), Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) and Race 3 (2018).
• In 1999, the actor was accused of hunting wild animals after allegedly shooting a rare black antelope near Jodhpur while shooting for his film “Hum Saath Saath Hain”. Later, in April 2018, Salman was convicted in the case and sentenced to 5 years in prison by the Jodhpur court.
• On the night of 28 September 2002, Salman drove his car on people sleeping on the sidewalk in an area in North Bombay. One person died in that incident, while three were seriously injured.
• Her relationship with Aishwarya Rai has brought many negative publicity for the actor as she was accused by Aishwarya’s parents of harassing her daughter. A police complaint was filed against him but he denied all the charges leveled against him.
• In 2003, Khan was accused of calling Vivek Oberoi 41 times in one night and threatening him with death. Vivek was reportedly watching Aishwarya Rai at the time.
• Salman Khan once again became a controversial figure in 2008 when he had a serious debate with Shah Rukh Khan at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party.
Salman Khan has many awards, honors and achievements to his credit. His most significant achievements include Filmfare and National Film Awards for his blockbuster films.
In 1990, Salman Khan received the Best Male Debut Filmfare Award for Maine Pyar Kiya. He has also been awarded the Best Supporting Actor Award at the Filmfare Awards for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Bhaijaan was also awarded with the Best Children’s Film for his film Chillar Party (2012) and his film Bajrangi Bhaijaan won the National Film Award for Entertainer for Best Popular Film Providing Whole Entertainment.
Apart from the above, Khan received the Rajiv Gandhi Award (2008) for Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment, Rajiv Gandhi Award for Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment (2013), Times Celebex Award – Star of the Year (2013), and the Times of India film Bajrangi Best Actor Award for Bhaijaan (2016).
Salman Khan loves automobiles and has an incredible collection of bikes and cars.
Khan likes to go green and is often seen cycling on the streets of Mumbai. He has a giant Propel 2014 XTC bicycle priced at Prop 4.32 lakhs.
Not just a bicycle, Salman is also a superbike enthusiast and his collection includes the Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition motorcycle and Suzuki Hayabusa.
They have a lot of luxury vehicles including fancy sedans and SUVs. Their car collection includes Lexus LX470, Mercedes Benz GL-Class, BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue, BMW X6, Audi R8, Audi Q7, W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class.
Khan also owns a luxury yacht worth Rs 3 crore, which he often uses for his private parties and family gateways.
Salman has a 150-acre farmhouse in Panvel with 3 bungalows, a swimming pool, a gym, domestic animals and 5 horses.
Salman’s home in the Galaxy apartment, Bandra is one of the iconic homes in Mumbai. The apartment is valued at Rs 16 crore.
He has also purchased the 11th floor of the uber-luxury apartment complex in Bandra’s Triple X flat. The apartments cost more than 30 crores. Although the flat is still under construction, rumor has it that Salman will shift to this flat with his family.
Not only this, the actor also owns a 5 BHK farmhouse on Gorai Beach which is spread over 100 acres. The farmhouse has a gym, swimming pool and a theater hall
Salary And Networth
With total assets of around $ 300 million, Salman is paid more than ₹ 60 crores per film. To host an episode of a TV reality show, she will spend Rs. 12-14 crores which makes about 95-100 crores in a week.
Salman khan Favorite Things
Salman Khan is a gourmet and enjoys eating Chinese food, spicy Italian food, pav bhaji, chicken biryani, mutton kebabs and homemade food. He also loves to eat Mughlai and North-Indian cuisine.
Salman is a big fan of Sylvester Stallone, Dilip Kumar, Govinda and Hema Malini.
He is an all-rounder and loves swimming, cycling, drawing and writing.
Some UnKnown Facts About Salman Khan
• Salman was offered a negative role in Abbas-Mustan’s Baazigar, which has been rejected. The role later went to Shah Rukh Khan and the film became a blockbuster.
• Dabangg Khan has a deep faith in the lucky gems. He never forgets to keep his turquoise stone bracelet both on and off screen.
• He has a great passion for soap, especially natural fruit and vegetable extracts. Therefore, their bathroom is always filled with different types.
• When Khan was shooting for the film London Dreams, his cast and crew were tired of eating continental food. Therefore, he specially made his food to cook biryani for everyone from Mumbai to London.
• The wax statue of Salman Khan was immortalized in London’s Madame Tussauds Museum (2008).
• A restaurant in Bhaijaan has been set up in Mumbai by a fan of his. The interiors of the restaurant are decorated with its posters and the menu also features all of her favorite dishes.
• Interestingly, Khan’s name does not have an email ID. This is because he prefers to communicate verbally over the phone via e-mail.
• He lent his voice for the animated character Hanuman- Hanuman: Da ‘Damdar (2017) for the film.
• In the year 2015, Salman surpassed Barack Obama in the list of India’s most acclaimed personalities.
• His favorite cricketers include Sachin Tendulkar and Imran Khan.
• His blood Group is B +.
• His film Sultan was the 10th film to enter the 100 crore club.
• Bhaijaan is also fond of animals and has two domesticated horses named Bajrangi and Bhaijaan. He also has two dogs whom he affectionately calls My Son and My Life.
• Apart from acting, Salman also has excellent hosting skills. He went on to become a major success with his exemplary hosting Bigg Boss – Season 4 and then continued to host other seasons of the show as well.
• When he along with his family were invited to The Kapil Sharma Show in 2019, his father revealed that to pass the exam, Salman used to buy leaked papers.