Arun Govil Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family, Facts & Biography
Arun Govil is an Indian actor, producer and director. He is best known for his role as Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar’s ancient Hindu epic television series Ramayana (1987–1988).
Lord Rama” in Ramanand Sagar’s “Ramayan” (1987-88)
Birthday/Date of Birth
Arun Govil was born on 12 January 1958 in Ramnagar, Meerut
He is currently 62 Years Old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodic Sign/Sun Sign
He received his formal education at Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, where he studied engineering science and acted in a few plays.  He spent his teenage life in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh. His father wanted him to become a government employee, while Arun wanted to do something for which he would be remembered.
Physical Statistics And More
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
Arun is married to former designer and film actress Sreelekha Govil.She met Sreelekha, who was a textile designer at the time, early in her acting career. He credits her to a great extent for his success and achievements.
They both have two children together, Amal Govil (son) and Sonika Govil (daughter). His son works as a banker in Mumbai, while his daughter Sonika Govil lives in Boston, USA, where she is studying at Halt International Business School.
After moving to Mumbai at an early age, his brother’s business drabness and desire to establish his own identity inspired him to try his hand at acting. It took him nearly two years to get his first break, but he was eventually cast in the film Pahadi (1977), in which he played a supporting actor. Paheli’s production company, Raj Shree Productions was very impressed with his work and he later signed him as the lead actor for three more films, Saavon Ko Aana Do (1979), Radha and Sita (1979), Sanch Ko Not Aanch (1979)
One of the three films, “Sawan Ko Aane Do” was a mega-hit of its time, and its music has been published by a large part of the Indian audience so far.
He starred in Kanak Mishra’s Jio To Ais Jio (1981) which was the 30th biggest hit of that year. His acting career progressed and after that he worked in many other Hindi pictures. He debuted on the small screen with Ramanand Sagar’s television series “Vikram Aur Beta” (1988), in which he played the role of legendary king Vikramaditya.
Meanwhile, he was selected for the role of “Lord Rama” in Ramanand Sagar’s “Ramayana” (1987–88), the world’s most watched mythological series.
This proved to be a milestone in his career. He went on to stardom and was awarded the Uptron Award for “Best Actor in a Leading Role” in 1989 for his work in the Ramayana. Played the role of Lord Rama with such boldness, giving him a great performance; Subsequently, he was offered several spiritual-based roles, including Lord Harishchandra in Vishwamitra (TV series) and Lord Buddha in the TV series “Buddha”. He was caught in an image-trap and people began to see him as a model of virtue, with Bollywood producers ceasing to offer him different roles.
He has worked in Telugu, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Oriya films, including Bidhira Bidhan (1989- Oriya), Edu Kondalaswamy (1991- Telugu), Govinda Govinda (1993- Telugu) Pyari Dularia (1989- Bhojpuri) and many more. Huh. In 2008, he set up his own production company under the name of “Arun Govil Productions Private Limited”.
In September 2018, following the release of his film ‘Manmarjiyaan‘ (2018), some members of the Sikh community objected to scenes of smoking in the film by Sikh characters. As a damage control measure, the film’s producers removed those objectionable scenes. Taapsee Pannu, who was upset over the deletion of the scenes, responded to the controversy with her tweets and angered people.
Salary And Networth
Arun Govil shot to fame after appearing in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayana. But before portraying the character of Ram, the actor was seen in many Bollywood films and series. Even after the Ramayana, he was seen in many shows like Vikram and Son and a feature show on Lord Ram. According to various media portals, the actor’s total assets are around $ 5 million, which is more than ’38 crore. This net worth can be seen to increase significantly as the Ramayana is being replayed on television.
Some UnKnown Facts About Arun Govil
• Arun’s father, Chandra Prakash Govil, wanted him to become a government official, while Arun wanted to do something different to create an identity for himself.
• Arun was not the first choice to play the role of Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayana, he faced an external rejection after his audition, but then eventually, the production team made a general agreement to cast him, as he none found. Better actor for a special role.
• Arun Play was a versatile actor. In addition to starring in the lead roles in several blockbusters, he has played many roles and worked with many legendary Bollywood stars in his career.
• Arun, who was once a heavy smoker, got rid of his cigarette addiction after playing the role of Rama in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayana and has reverted to the habit so far. However, he often consumed alcohol for entertainment.
• Even today, 33 years after the TV series Ramayana, people in India call him by the name of Ram Ji and touch his feet in devotion to his character (Rama) whom he portrayed in the Ramayana.
• Arun Govil, best known for his portrayal of Rama in the TV series Ramayana, played the role of “Laxman” in the Indian mythological film Love Kush (1997).
• In 2016, a Mumbai-based builder group gave Arun Govil and Sunil Lahiri (Laxman in the Ramayana) a token money to buy a property for which they had not yet been granted ownership.
In March 2020, amid the outbreak of the Corona epidemic, a photo went viral on social media in which she lived a life of utter indifference with her family watching the Ramayana on Doordarshan. After almost 32 years of its original telecast in the late 80s, the Ramayana was telecast on Doordarshan.