Sonu Sood Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Sonu Sood is an Indian film actor, and producer who mainly acts in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Punjabi films. He came into the Spotlight after playing the role of ‘Gopal Singh’ (Abhishek Bachchan’s brother) in Bollywood film, ‘Yuva’.
Sonu Sood was born on 30 July 1973 (age 47 years; 2020) Monday in Moga, Punjab. His Sun sign is Leo. He did his schooling from Sacred Heart School in Moga.
After completing his tenth standard, Sonu worked in his father’s showroom in Moga, where he learned to identify various clothes and also sold them. After this, he went to Nagpur and enrolled himself in Yashwantrao Chavan College of Engineering to pursue electronic engineering.
Sonu Sood was good in academics during his school and college days. When he was in his second year of college, his friends encouraged him to pursue modeling and acting as his career.
After completing his graduate studies, Sonu Sood went to Mumbai and started taking modeling assignments.
During his early years in Mumbai, Sood worked at a private firm in South Mumbai to support his daily expenses. He also competed in the Grasim Mr. India competition before becoming an actor and reached the top 5.
Physical Statistics And More
• Height: 6′ 0
• Hair Colour: Black
• Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Cast & Girlfriends
Sonu Sood is from a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Shakti Sagar Sood, was an Businessman. His mother, Saroj Sood, was a teacher. He has an elder sister, Monica Sood She Is a scientist and a younger sister Malavika Sachar.
Relationship, Wife & Children
Sonu Sood is married to Sonali Sood. The pair has two sons Ayan Sood and Ishaan Sood
Sonu Sood started his acting career in 1999 with the Tamil film, “Kallazhagar”, in which he played the role of ayan Soumya Narayanan. He made his Bollywood debut in 2002 with the Bollywood film “Shaheed-e-Azam”, in which he played the role of ‘Bhagat Singh’. He came into the limelight after playing the role of Abhishek Bachchan’s brother in the Bollywood film. , “Yuva.”
In 2005, Sonu acted in the Telugu film “Super” and gained huge popularity. Subsequently, he appeared in several Telugu films, such as “Athadu,” “Ashoka,” “Arundhati,” “Ek Niranjan,” and “Shakti.”
Some of Sonu’s popular Bollywood films include “Aashiq Banaya Aapne”, “Dabangg,” “Happy New Year,” “Gabbar Is Back”, and “Simba”.
Sonu Sood made his English debut in 2017 with the film “Rockin Mira”. Sonu Sood has also acted in the Chinese film “Xuanzang”.
In 2013, a fraud case was filed by filmmaker Sheetal Talwar against Sonu Sood for renting a property on Yari Road, saying that the land was free from any legal dispute when it was not.
Sonu again came into the limelight when He stepped out of the film “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi”. Kangana Ranaut alleged that Sood supported the film; As he was not ready for shooting under a female director. however, Sonu clarified that the issue was not the gender of the director, but of ability. he released an official statement saying,
“Kangana is a dear friend and she will always be one, but it is to constantly ridicule this whole issue about female cards, playing victim cards, and maleism. The gender of the director is not the issue. Ability. Let’s not confuse the two. I have worked with Farah Khan, who is a capable female director and Farah and I have a great professional equation and we are still best friends. That’s what I would like to say. “
Sonu Sood owns a Porsche and an Audi Q7.
Salary And Networth
Sonu Sood has an estimated total Networth of 150 Crores (20 Million) 2020, and her main source of income is acting.
In 2009, he received the Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Award for Best Villain and Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his work in the Telugu blockbuster Arundhati. In 2010, he received the Apsara Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role and the IIFA Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for the Bollywood blockbuster Dabangg. In 2012, he received the SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Julie.
Sonu Sood Favorite Things
- Food: Aloo Paratha
- Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Chan
- Actress: Sridevi, Raveena Tandon
- Film: Dabangg
- Musician: R. D. Burman
Some UnKnown Facts About Sonu Sood
• His hobbies include playing guitar, exercising, and kick-boxing.
• Sood for the first time just Rs. I arrived in Mumbai. 5500 in his pocket. He thought that the amount would last him a month, but it was over in just eight to ten days.
• In his early days in Mumbai, Sonu shared a room-kitchen apartment in Mumbai’s suburban area with six other boys.
• His first salary was Rs. 4500 a month, which he received from his personal job in South Mumbai.
• Sood’s first job involved a lot of field work, therefore, he traveled by train and received a monthly train pass from Borivali to Churchgate.
• Sonu Sood Gets Rs. 500 from his first modeling assignment and he used that money to buy himself a pair of jeans.
• Sonu has worked in films in various languages including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Punjabi, English and Chinese.
• Sonu Sood was once regarded as the brother of actress Asmita Sood, due to her common surname.
• Sonu was to star in the Hindi and Telugu remakes of the film “Zanjeer”, but could not work on it due to his injury.
• Sonu revealed in an interview that although he was very spiritual by nature, he stopped praying to God until about 4 years after his mother expired.
• He is a fitness enthusiast and goes to the gym regularly.
• During the shooting of his English film “Kung Fu Yoga”, Sood befriended Jackie Chan.
• Sood owns a production house, “Shakti Sagar Productions”.
• Sood has featured on the covers of several magazines, including “You and I,” “Health and Nutrition,” “Just Urban,” and “Crunch Today.”
• Once while Sood was travelling with his friend, Ajay Dhama, his Audi Q7 caught fire on the Western Express Highway in Bandra. Luckily, the duo escaped any injuries.
• Sood has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
• He is a lover of a fond animal, and has a pet dog, Snowy
• In 2020, Sonu actively helped migrant workers in Mumbai reach their homes during the nationwide lockout due to the COVID-19 epidemic. While talking about it in the interview,
“It gave me sleepless nights when I saw people walking hundreds of kilometers to reach Their village. “