Neena Gupta is a Hindi film and television actress and filmmaker who has also directed two Malayalam films. She is the recipient of two National Film Awards, three Filmfare Awards, and two Screen Awards. She is well-known for her work in both art-house and mainstream films, and she won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress in 1994 for her role as a young widow in Woh Chokri. She had a career revival in 2018 after playing as a middle-aged pregnant lady in the comedy-drama Badhaai Ho, for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Critics) and was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Neena Gupta was born in 4 June 1959 (Age: 64 Years, as in 2023) in Delhi, Maharashtra, India. She completed her schooling at The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, and completed Her graduation from M. Phil in Sanskrit. Neena Gupta is 5 feet and 3 inches tall, and her body weight is around 60 Kg. She has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Black Eyes. Neena Gupta always keeps himself fit and she is very health Conscious.
Neena Gupta Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Height, Weight, Birthday, Age, Movies, TV Serials, Instagram, Salary, Net Worth, Income, Boyfriend, Family, Father, Mother, Husband, Affairs, Marriage Life, Phone Number, Photos, House, Cars, Awards & Facts
Table of Contents
|Full Name||Neena Gupta|
|Profession||Actress and Television Director|
|Neena Gupta||Personal Life|
|Date of Birth||4 June 1959|
|Birthplace||Delhi, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Delhi, Maharashtra, India|
|Neena Gupta||Educational Backgrounds|
|School||The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification|| M. A.|
M. Phil in Sanskrit
Physical Statistics And More
How tall is Neena Gupta?
|Neena Gupta||Height (approx.)|
|In feet||5 feet 3 inches|
|In centimeters||161 cm|
|In meters||1.61 m|
How much does Neena Gupta weigh?
|Neena Gupta||Weight (approx.)|
|In Kilograms||Not Known|
|In Pounds||Not Known|
How old is Neena Gupta?
|Birth Date||4 June 1959|
|Age (as of 2023)||64|
|Neena Gupta||Body Measurements (approx.)|
|Neena Gupta||Eye/Hair Color|
Family & Relationship
Parents & Siblings
|Father||Late R. N. Gupta|
|Mother||Late Shakuntala Gupta (died due to cancer)|
Boyfriend & Husband
|Alok Nath (Actor)|
|Neena Gupta dated –||Shaarangdev (son of the Indian classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj)|
|Vivian Richards (West Indies cricketer)|
|Vivek Mehra (Chartered Accountant)|
|Neena Gupta||Husband & Children|
|Husband||Name Not Known|
|Second Husband||Vivek Mehra (m. 2008)|
|Daughter||Masaba Gupta, Fashion Designer (With Vivian Richards)|
|Film Debut||Saath Saath (1982)|
|Television Debut||Khandaan (1985)|
What is Neena Gupta’s Salary?
Neena Gupta Charges Rs. 1 lakh Per Episode and her main source of income is Acting, Modeling, and Brand Endorsements.
|Salary Per Episode||Rs. 1 lakh|
|Brand endorsement Fee||Update Soon|
|Income Source||Acting, Modeling, and Brand Endorsements|
|Annual Income||Rs. 1.80 crores +|
What is Neena Gupta’s Net Worth?
Neena Gupta has an estimated total Net Worth of Rs 7 Crores.
|Neena Gupta||Net Worth|
|Net Worth||Rs 7 Crores|
Cars And Bikes Collection
Neena Gupta has a lot of luxury Cars collection including :
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neena Gupta
• Gupta has appeared in various international films, including Gandhi (1982), in which she played Mahatma Gandhi’s niece, and Merchant Ivory films, including The Deceivers (1988), Mirza Ghalib (1989), In Custody (1993), and Cotton Mary (1999).
• She also made a presence in Indian parallel films such as Mandi (1983), Rihaee (1988), Drishti (1990), and Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda (1992).
• These performances elevated her fame in Indian cinema, alongside arthouse film contemporaries Rekha, Shabana Azmi, Smita Patil, and Dimple Kapadia.
• Despite this, Gupta never had a great commercial hit and struggled to acquire more dramatic roles
• She sang the popular song “Choli Ke Peeche” in the movie. She has directed two television films, Lajwanti and Bazar Sitaram (1993), which received the National Film Award for Best First Non-Feature Film in 1993.
• Gupta’s debut role as a recently widowed daughter-in-law in the acclaimed film Woh Chokri in 1994 earned her a National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress.
• Her role as a middle-aged pregnant woman received great critical acclaim, with many reviews and newspapers considering her performance as the film’s centrepiece and one of the best of her career.
• Rajeev Masand praised Gupta for bringing “real empathy” to the role, and NDTV’s Saibal Chatterjee called her performance “outstandingly measured.” She has also appeared in the TV series Buniyaad.
• She also hosted the Indian version of the TV show The Weakest Link, Kamzor Kadii Kaun, and participated in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, which helped her gain recognition.
• She has directed successful television shows such as Saans (1999), Siski in (2000), and Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr. She portrayed Shubha, one of four female major roles in Ladies Special, a daily soap on Sony TV.
• She can now be seen in Zee TV’s Dil Se Diya Vachan as the lead character Nandani’s mother-in-law and a doctor.
• She also co-founded the theatre production firm ‘Sahaj Productions’ with actor Rajendra Gupta, and appeared in and produced the Hindi play Surya Ki Antim Kiran Se Surya Ki Pehli Kiran Tak. She also appeared in Rishtey, which aired on Zee TV between 1999 and 2000.
• She played Manju Devi Pradhan in Amazon Prime’s Panchayat. She played the same character in season 2 of the show in 2022.
• She has also appeared in Masaba Masaba, a Netflix show based on her and her daughter Masaba Gupta, who is a designer.
1. What is the current Net Worth of Neena Gupta?
At present, the Net Worth of Neena Gupta is Rs 7 Crores.
2. Where was Neena Gupta born?
The birthplace of Neena Gupta is Delhi, Maharashtra, India.
3. What is Neena Gupta’s true ethnicity?
She believes in Hinduism.
4. What is the educational qualification of Neena Gupta?
Neena Gupta completed her Graduation.
5. Is Neena Gupta Married?
Neena Gupta is married to Vivek Mehra In 2008.
Disclaimer: The Data is collected from various sources and some from our own research. These data can be estimated and Primes World does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data.