Karisma Kapoor is an Indian film actress. One of the most popular Hindi film actresses of the 1990s and 2000s, she is the recipient of numerous accolades, including one National Film Award and four Filmfare Awards.
Karisma Kapoor Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Karisma Kapoor was born on Tuesday, 25 June 1974 (age 46 years; till 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did his schooling from The Cathedral and John Conan School in Mumbai.
Born into a family with a film background, Karishma often accompanied her parents to the film sets. She was heavily influenced by Bollywood actresses Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit and wanted to act from a young age as a career. However, his father did not accept women working in films; As it was against the traditional values of the family. After completing her schooling, Karishma studied for a few months at Sophia College. After that, she gave up her degree to pursue acting as her career.
Physical Statistics And More
• Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
• Hair Colour: Black
• Eye Colour: Light Blue
Family, Cast & Husband
Karisma Kapoor is of a Hindu Punjabi descent from her father’s side and Sindhi and British from her mother’s side.
Parents & Siblings
Karisma Kapoor is the daughter of legendary actor, Randhir Kapoor and actress, Babita. She has a younger sister, Kareena Kapoor, who is also an actress. Her parents separated in 1988; As his father was against the women of his family working in films, while his mother wanted to work in the industry. Karisma and her sister Kareena were both raised by their mother. Later, his parents reconciled in 2007.
Relationship, Husband & Children
Karishma was in a relationship with Bollywood actor, Ajay Devgan. The pair broke up in 1995.
In 2002, She got engaged to Abhishek Bachchan. However, the engagement was called off after a few months.
On 29 September 2013, Karisma married Sanjay Kapoor, CEO of Sixty India. The wedding took place in his ancestral home, Krishna Raj Bungalow in Sikh style. Together they have a daughter Samaira and a son Qian. In 2014, the two separated and filed for divorce due to a misunderstanding. The divorce was finalized in 2016.
After her divorce with Sanjay, Karishma was rumored to be in a relationship with a Mumbai-based businessman, Sandeep Toshniwal. However, there were rumors about their breakup in 2018.
Karisma Kapoor made her acting debut in the 1991 Bollywood film “Prem Kadi”. The film was average at the box office and received mixed reviews from critics. Subsequently, she appeared in commercial failures like “Police Officer,” “Jagrati,” “Nishchai”, “Sapne Saajan Ke,” and “Didar”.
Karisma Kapoor Also acted in several hit films including “Jigar”, “Anari,” “Raja Babu,” “Coolie No.1,” “Jeet” and “Sajan Chale Sasural”.
In 1996, She gained immense popularity after playing the role of ‘Aarti Sehgal’ in the blockbuster romance “Raja Hindustani”. She was later praised for playing a dancer in the film “Dil To Pagal Hai”.
Karisma Kapoor appeared in romantic comedies like “Hero No. 1,” “Biwi No. 1,” and “Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge”. She has also appeared in Bollywood films “Hum Saath Saath Saath Hain”, “Fiza,” and “Zubaida”.
In 2012, Karishma starred in the supernatural thriller “Dangerous Ishq”. In 2020, Karishma appeared in her first web series “Mentalhood”.
• In 2002, Karisma Kapoor got engaged to Abhishek Bachchan. It was also said that the actress stopped wearing short dresses and refused to perform item songs to maintain Bachchan’s image. However, they abruptly called off their engagement. Later, a rumor emerged that Abhishek’s mother, Jaya Bachchan, never approved of their relationship.
• Following a divorce with her former husband, Sanjay Kapoor, filed a petition for custody of her children. She alleged that She took this step when Karisma did not allow Sanjay to meet his children.
National Film Awards
- Best Supporting Actress for the film “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1998)
- Best Actress Award for the film “Raja Hindustani” (1997)
- Best Supporting Actress Award for the film “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1998)
- Best Actress Award for the film “Fiza” (2001)
- Critics Award for Best Actress for the film “Zubeidaa” (2002)
Zee Cine Awards
- Best Actor in a supporting role Female for the film “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1998)
- Zee Premiere Choice – Female for the film “Fiza” (2001)
- Best Actress for the film “Fiza” (2001)
Bollywood Movie Awards
- Best Supporting Actress for the film “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1997)
- Best Actress for the film “Fiza” (2001)
- Most Sensational Actress for the film “Shakti: The Power” (2003)
- Sansui Viewer’s Choice Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1997)
- Indo-American Society Young Achievers Award for Young Achiever Award (2000)
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Award for Best Actress for the film “Fiza” (2001)
- Sansui Viewers’s Choice Award for Best Actress Jury for the film “Fiza” (2001)
- Smita Patil Memorial Award Receiver for outstanding contribution to film industry (2002)
- Hello! Hall Of Fame Award for Most Stylish Woman of the Year (2011)
Karisma Kapoor owns a Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, a BMW and an Audi Q7.
Salary And Networth
Karisma Kapoor has an estimated total Networth of 200 Crores 2020, and her main source of income is acting and brand endorsements.
Karisma Kapoor Favorite Things
- Food: Cakes, Fried Chips, Biryani
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar
- Actresses: Nargis, Hema Malini
- Travel Destination: Newyork
Some UnKnown Facts About Karisma Kapoor
• Her hobbies include power yoga and swimming.
• She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
• Karisma Kapoor was the first member from her family to break the Kapoor stereotype. She not only entered the film industry, but she was one of the most prominent actresses of the 90s.
• She is the largest shareholder of BabyOye.com.
• Karisma Kapoor turned down several roles, which later became a huge hit. They include Juhi Chawla’s role as “Ishq”, Manisha Koirala’s “Gupt”, Kareena Kapoor’s “Ashoka the Great” and Aishwarya Rai’s “Bride and Prejudice”.
• Karisma’s mother named her “Lolo” after Hollywood actress “Jeana Lolobrigida”.
• Karisma Kapoor was the first choice for the role of ‘Tina’ in the movie “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”. However, the actress declined the offer as she did not want to play a side role at that time and the role later turned to Rani Mukherjee.
• Karisma Kapoor was not the first choice for the film “Raja Hindustani”. The role was previously offered to Aishwarya, but she declined the offer as she was busy with other commitments. The film went on to become one of the biggest hits of Kapoor’s career.
• She was not the first choice for the film “Dil To Pagal Hai”. She got the role of ‘Nisha’ in the film after being rejected by Raveena Tandon, Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Manisha Koirala and Shilpa Shetty.
• Karishma made her TV series titled “Karishma” on Sahara TV. The actress played three different roles in the series.
• In 2012, Karisma ranked seventeenth on Forbes India’s “Celebrity 100” list.
• Karishma supports Salman Khan’s Charitable Trust, Being Human Foundation.
• Kapoor helped raise money to help the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake! Telethon Concert.
• She has also gone to HDIL India Couture Week for charity.
• In 2012, she was the goodwill ambassador for Pinkathon to create awareness for breast cancer.
• Kapoor has endorsed several brands such as “Kellogg’s,” “Crescent Lawn,” “Admix Retail,” “Danone,” and “Garnier Color”.