Suresh Raina is a Former Indian international cricketer. he is also considered as one of the best fielders in world cricket. Suresh plays for Uttar Pradesh in all forms of domestic cricket. Suresh has also occasionally captained of the Indian cricket team and is the second-youngest player ever to the captain of the Indian cricket team. He plays for Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League (IPL 2020).
Suresh Raina Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Records, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Suresh Raina Biography/Wiki
Suresh Kumar Raina
Professional Cricketer (Batsman)
Right Arm off break
- #3 India International Cricket Team
- #3 Uttar Pradesh Domestic Cricket Team
- #3 Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
- National Team – India International Cricket Team
- Domestic Team – Uttar Pradesh Domestic Cricket Team
- IPL 2020 Team – Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
Suresh Raina Personal Life
Date of Birth / Birthplace
Suresh was born on 27 November 1986 in Muradnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India.
He is currently 33 years old (as in 2020).
- C-27, Sector 50, Noida
- Sector 11, Rajnagar, Ghaziabad
- School –
- Not Known
- College –
- Government Sports College, Lucknow
- Educational Qualification –
- Not Known
Suresh Raina Physical Statistics And More
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.)
- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
Suresh Raina Family & Relationship
Suresh Raina Parents & Siblings
- Father – Tirlokchand Raina (Retired army officer)
- Mother – Parvesh Raina
- Siblings – Naresh Raina, Mukesh Raina, Dinesh Raina (All elder), Renu Raina (Elder)
Suresh Raina Girlfriend & Spouse
Suresh Raina dated –
- Poorna Patel – According to media reports Suresh Raina dated with Poorna Patel the daughter of Politician Praful Patel.
- Shruti Hassan – According to media reports, Suresh Raina also dated Popular Actress Shruti Hassan.
- Priyanka Chaudhary (2015-Present) – Suresh Raina married Priyanka Chaudhary who was Suresh’s childhood friend on 3 April 2015. They have a daughter (Garcia) and a son (Rio) together. Suresh has even started a foundation in the name of her daughter named “Raina-Garcia Foundation” which is seen after by his wife.
Suresh Raina Career
Suresh made his One Day International debut on 30 July 2005, playing against Sri Lanka.
In 2010, he played his first test match against Sri Lanka in July 2010. Where Suresh made hundred on his Test debut.
In December 2006, Suresh played his first international T20 against South Africa.
Suresh made his IPL debut for Chennai Super Kings. Suresh is the tournament’s second-highest run-scorer.
Suresh Raina Records
- First Indian player to hold a century in all three formats of the game.
- First Indian cricketer to score a century in all 3 formats (Tests, ODIs, T20s).
- Has played the most number of ODIs before making his test debut, which is a record.
- First Player to score 3000 runs in the IPL.
- The third batsman in the world to score a century in T20 International; the other two being Brendon McCullum and Chris Gayle.
- First cricketer to score 400+ runs in all the editions of the Indian Premier League (till IPL 9-2016).
- Second youngest player to be selected as the Indian skipper.
- First Indian and second in the world to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
Suresh Raina Controversy
In 2012, a sarcastic tweet was directed to the Pakistan cricket team, who were forced out of the tournament after losing to Sri Lanka in the semi-finals, “Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye… Bye-bye Pakistan!!!!.” Soon after, the tweet was deleted after it was sentenced on Twitter. Raina gave an explanation on Twitter and tweeted, accusing her nephew that “Smartphones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I’m a sportsman and would never disrespect”. Although I had already removed it, I felt it was better to clarify it. For all those who are upset, forgive me. I am not going to show disrespect. “
On 20 June 2013, former IPL chief Lalit Modi claimed that Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo took a bribe from a bookie who was also a builder while he was playing for Chennai Super Kings.
During the 2016 T20 World Cup, he found himself between match-fixing controversy on the eve of India’s World T20 semi-final match against the West Indies in Mumbai. According to reports, Suresh Raina was earlier being investigated by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), being involved in match-fixing, being seen with a woman who is believed to be a close associate of a bookie.
Suresh Raina Salary And Net worth
Retainer Fee: Rs 50 lakh ($95,000)
Test Fee: Rs 300,000
ODI Fee: Rs 200,000
T20 Fee: Rs 150,000
IPL 13: Rs. 11 crore
KL Rahul has an estimated total Networth of INR 350 Crores ($45 million) in 2020, and His main source of income is Brand Endorsements and playing cricket.
Suresh Raina Cars And Bikes Collection
Suresh Raina has a lot of luxury Cars collection including the Porsche Boxster, Mini Cooper, Mercedes Benz C43, And Aston Martin DB11.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suresh Raina
• Raina hails from a Kashmiri Pandit family in Anantnag district, Jammu and Kashmir.
• Suresh started playing professional cricket in 1999 at Sports College, Lucknow.
• He has a habit of collecting his cricket batsmen and so far he has collected 250+ batsmen with his bat, which was gifted to him by his father in 1998.
• He played his first Ranji Trophy game at the age of 16. On his ODI debut in 2005, he was dismissed for the ‘Golden Duck’ against Sri Lanka.
• During a 2013 ODI match against the West Indies in the Tri-Series, Raina and Ravindra Jadeja spit Raina on two occasions after failing to catch Sunil Narine.
• He has sung the song “Tu Mili Sab Mila” for the 2015 Bollywood film ‘Meerutia Gangsters’.
• On 15 August 2020, he joined Mahendra Singh Dhoni when he took to his Instagram account to announce his retirement from all formats of international cricket.