Siddharth Roy Kapur Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Siddharth Roy Kapur is a renowned Indian film producer, founder and MD of Roy Kapur Films and President of the Producers Guild of India. Prior to this, he was the managing director of The Walt Disney Company India. Siddharth’s filmography includes the highest-grossing Indian films of all time, as well as defining the genre of critically acclaimed films. He is the husband of Bollywood actress, Vidya Balan.
Siddharth Roy Kapur was born on Friday, 2 August 1974 (age 45 years; 2019) in Bombay (now, Mumbai). His zodiac sign is Leo. He did his schooling from GD Somani Memorial School in Mumbai and went to Sydenham College to do B.Com.
He was good at studies during his school days and was the head boy of his school. While in college, Siddharth headed the Drumatics Society and edited the annual college magazine. During his college days, he did a summer internship with Ronnie Screwvala’s UTV.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Kapoor did his postgraduate in management studies from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai.
Physical Statistics And More
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Cast & Girlfriends
Siddharth Roy Kapur is from a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Kumud Roy Kapoor. His mother, Salom Roy Kapoor, is a former Miss India and choreographer. He has two younger brothers, Aditya Roy Kapoor (actor), and Kunal Roy Kapoor (actor and director).
Relationship, Wife & Children
Siddharth married his childhood friend Aarti Bajaj, but their marriage did not last long. He then tied the knot with television producer Kavita. However, the two divorced in 2011. Siddharth married Bollywood actress Vidya Balan on 14 December 2012.
Siddharth Roy Kapoor started his career as a brand manager with Procter & Gamble Company in Mumbai. Then, he joined the strategic planning division of Star TV.
Subsequently, he moved to Hong Kong for Star TV’s NewsCorp Executive Development Program. Subsequently, he moved to Mumbai and worked on the launch marketing of the game reality show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.
Then, he worked as a regional marketing manager for the network. In 2002, he again moved to Hong Kong and was promoted to the post of Vice President after a year.
He was the youngest vice president at Star TV at the time. At the Hong Kong headquarters, Kapoor led the central marketing and creative services team.
In 2005, he has offered to join UTV as a senior vice president, marketing and communications. Working at UTV, Siddharth led the marketing panel of Several films including “Rang De Basanti,” and “Khosla Ka Ghosla”.
On January 2008, Siddharth Roy Kapur took over as CEO of UTV Motion Pictures. He was responsible for all aspects of development, production, marketing, distribution and syndication. Under Siddharth Roy Kapur leadership he produced some of the most successful films of the decade, including “Taare Zameen Par,” “Jodha Akbar,” “Fashion,” “Paan Singh Tomar,” “Kai Po Che,” “The Lunchbox,” and ” Is “Chennai Express.” In 2014, he promoted as managing director of Disney India.
2017, Siddharth resigned from Disney and formed his own production house “Roy Kapoor Films”. His first film production was “The Sky Is Pink”. He has also produced the Netflix series “Ye Ballet”.
• 2009 – Best Film for Jodha Akbar at Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, IIFA Awards
• 2012 – National Film Award for Best Children’s Film for Chillar Party
• 2013 – National Film Award for Best Feature Film for Paan Singh Tomar
• 2013 – Best film for Barfi! BIG Star Entertainment Awards, Zee Cine Awards, Filmfare Awards, Stardust Awards, IIFA Awards
• 2013 – Screen Award for Best Film for Paan Singh Tomar
• 2013 – Society Young Achievers Awards 2013 in Business Category
• 2014 – The Economic Times – Spencer Stuart ’40 for Forty ‘India’s Hottest Business Leaders Award
• 2017 – Best Film for Dangal at Filmfare Awards
Salary And Networth
Siddharth Roy Kapur has an estimated total Networth of 131 Crores (18 Millions) 2020, and her main source of income is Producing Movies And Web Series
Siddharth Roy Kapur Favorite Things
• Actor: Salman Khan , Ranbir Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna
• Actress: Deepika Padukone
• color : Brown
• Travel destination: Moscow
Some UnKnown Facts About Siddharth Roy Kapur
• His hobbies include reading, traveling and watching movies.
• As a child, Siddharth have passion for films. He shared in an interview that his grandparents lived near Strand Cinema in Mumbai and he drag his grandparents and mother to watch movies. He also shared that he also forced his parents to buy tickets for him in black.
• In 1994, Siddharth did an internship under Ronnie Screwvala in small production house in Worli, Mumbai. During that period, he earn Rs. 2000 for a month.
• Siddharth met Vidya Balan for the first time during the Filmfare Award function. It was the filmmaker, Karan Johar who introduced both.
• Kapoor has featured on the #Variety #Variety500Global list of the most influential people in global entertainment for three consecutive years (2018-2020).
• He has also worked on The Economic Times Top 40 Indian Business Leaders under 40 years of age.
• Siddharth shared an excellent bond with film director Shonali Bose.