Chris Gayle is a Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies. from 2007 to 2010 Gayle captained the West Indies Test side. Gayle regarded as one of the greatest T-20 Batsman in the world. He plays for Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League (IPL 2020).
Chris Gayle Biography, Lifestyle, Wiki, Records, Net Worth, Income, Salary, House, Cars, Favorites, Affairs, Awards, Family & Facts
Chris Gayle Biography/Wiki
Christopher Henry Gayle
Gayleforce, GayleStorm, Universe Boss
Professional Cricketer (All-rounder)
Right-arm off break
- #45 West Indies International Cricket Team
- #333 Kings XI Punjab (IPL)
- National Team – West Indies International Cricket Team
- IPL 2020 Team – Kings XI Punjab (IPL)
Chris Gayle Personal Life
Date of Birth / Birthplace
Gayle was born on 21 September 1979 in Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies.
He is currently 41 years old (as in 2020).
- School –
- Excelsior High School, Jamaica
- College –
- Educational Qualification –
- 10th Standard
Chris Gayle Physical Statistics And More
- In feet – 6 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 191 cm
- In meters – 1.91 m
- In Kilograms – 95 kg
- In Pounds – 209 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.)
- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 35 Inches
- Biceps: 15 inches
Chris Gayle Family & Relationship
Chris Gayle Parents & Siblings
- Father – Dudley Gayle (Worked as a policeman)
- Mother – Hazel Gayle (sell peanuts and snacks)
- Siblings – Wayne Gayle (Younger), Vanclive Parris (Elder Elder) more 3
Chris Gayle Girlfriend & Spouse
Chris Gayle dated –
- Natasha Berridge – She is a girlfriend of Chris gayle.
- Natasha Berridge (2009-Present) – He married longtime girlfriend Natasha Berridge on 31 May 2009. Both have a daughter whose name is Blush she born on 20 April 2016.
Chris Gayle Career
Chris made his One Day International debut when he was just 19 years old 10 September 1999, playing against India at Toronto in Canada. Where he scored only one run at batting on no.4. and bowled 6 overs gives 37 runs.
In 2000, he played his first test match against Zimbabwe at Trinidad on 15 March 2000. Where Chris made 33 in the first innings and a golden duck in the second inning.
On 16 February 2006, Chris played his first international T20 against Eden Park in Auckland. Where He opened the innings and scored just 10 runs off 12 balls.
Chris made his IPL debut for Kolkata Knight Riders.
Chris Gayle Records
- Highest run-scorer for the West Indies in ODIs.
- Second most sixes in T20I (103)
- Second West Indies player (after Brian Lara), and 14th overall, to pass 10,000 runs in ODIs.
- Second most sixes in a calendar year. (56 in 2019)
- First (and so far only) batsman to score a triple century in Test cricket, a double century in ODI cricket, and a century in T20 internationals.
- First batsman to score a century in each of international cricket’s three formats of the game.
- Most centuries by a West Indian. (25)
- Highest six-hitter for the West Indies. (in all formats)
- First batsman (now equaled) to score a T20I century in both winning and losing cause and when batting first as well as when batting second.
- First batsman to score a T20I century, in the 2007 World T20. He’s also the only batsman to score two World T20 tons.
- In World Cup 2015, he hit the fastest ever ODI double century, against Zimbabwe, off 138 balls.
- Gayle is the only player to score centuries in ICC U19 World Cup, ICC World Twenty20, ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy as well as in ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier.
- First international player to carry his bat through a completed inning (one where his side lost all ten wickets) in Twenty20 International. He is also the only player to carry his bat in both Tests and T20Is.
- Third batsman to score a century against eleven different countries in ODIs.
- Leading run-scorer in ICC Champions Trophy history (791 runs)
- Fastest ODI fifty by West Indies batsmen. (50 runs in 19 balls).
- Most runs in a single ICC Champions Trophy series (474 runs)
- Most sixes in International cricket (515)
- The first player to hit all 6 balls in an over for four in Test cricket.
- Most sixes (39) in a bilateral ODI series (4 Innings vs England in 2019).
- Along with Marlon Samuels, he holds the record for the highest ever ODI stand for any wicket (372 runs for 2nd wicket).
- The first player to hit the first ball of a Test match for six
- Most number of sixes hit by an individual at Cricket World Cup history (40)
- Along with Devon Smith, he set the record for the highest opening stand in ICC World T20 history (145)
Chris Gayle Awards
- ‘Order of Distinction’ (OD) awarded by Jamaican Honours System
- Man of the Tournament in ICC Champions Trophy 2006
- Orange Cap in IPL 2011
- ‘Jamaican Sportsman of the Year’ in 2010
- Most Valuable Player in IPL 2011
- Maximum sixes award in IPL 2011
- Maximum sixes award in IPL 2012
- Orange Cap in IPL 2012
- Maximum sixes award in IPL 2013
- Maximum sixes award in IPL 2015
Chris Gayle Controversy
- In 2005, he was involved in a kind of cold war with the West Indies Cricket Board over sponsorship matters. For this reason, he has been the center of controversies ever since.
- In 2016, an Australian media company, Fairfax Media, published several articles, including Gayle allegedly exposing himself to massage therapist Leanne Russell during a cricket tournament. The same year, Gayle filed a lie suit against Fairfax Media, and on 3 December 2018, Gayle won a defamation lawsuit and was awarded a $300,000 award against Fairfax Media.
Chris Gayle Salary And Net worth
Retainer Fee: Rs. 2 crore
Test Fee: Not Known
ODI Fee: Not Known
T20 Fee: Not Known
IPL 13: Rs. 2 crore
Chris Gayle has an estimated total Networth of INR 300 Crores ($39 million) in 2020, and His main source of income is Brand Endorsements and playing cricket.
Chris Gayle Cars And Bike Collection
Chris Gayle Have many luxurious cars and bike collection including GL 63 AMG – Mercedes, Land Cruiser V8 and in bike Harley Davidson FXSTSB Bad Boy.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chris Gayle
• When Gayle was in his teens, his friends called him “crampy” because of his laziness.
“If it was not for Lucas I don’t know where I would be today. Maybe on the streets.”Chris Gayle said, (After 10th standard, when he joined Lucas Cricket Academy)
• He once scored 196 runs in a T20 trial, he was dismissed in the 15th over.
• Once when he was playing in India early in his career, he faced an irregular heartbeat problem, after which an operation was performed to resolve the issue. According to Gayle, “Heart surgery was a life-changing moment for him.”
• At the Big Bash 2016, Gayle called Mel McLaughlin, an Australian reporter on live TV, ‘Don’t blush, baby’, where Gayle got caught up in a big controversy for doing so, later apologizing and saying that he said in a joking manner.
• Gayle loves parties and is well-known for his CPL T20 parties at his house.